The Superintendent’s Recommended Capital Improvement Program (CIP) indicates that within the next five years Arlington schools will have a deficit of 1,000 elementary school seats, 1,000 middle school seats, and about 500 high school seats.
To meet the demand for more seats the CIP proposes to:
- build a new 725 seat elementary school in South Arlington for $50 million;
- expand Abingdon School for $29 million;
- construct a new 1,300 seat middle school at the site of the current Wilson School for $117 million;
- construct a 1,300 seat new high school at the site of the Arlington Career Center for $149 million;
- expand Washington-Lee High school for $5 million;